lunedì 26 giugno 2017

#1 Fears of mankind: Autopsy

If I must be honest, I love the place where I work. Quiet, cold, dark in a perfect way, close, huge and isolated. The white shiny tiles, which shine a little bit thank to the unique neon light in the room, have always got me comforted as my iron trolley with my autopsy tools. I can feel owner in my mortuary, I can be avenger and arbiter. I’m the one that knows what to do and I’m the one that explain to the others what they need to know. The people listen to me, the deceased respect me. I can be quiet and I can work without problems. Also the salary is good.
That Tuesday I had five cases to solve. Five people were died in a cruel way and the police station asked for an accurate autopsy. That day my neon light was noisy in addition to its usual unstable sparkling. I arrived to the mortuary when the dinner time had already passed and I knew I should probably have worked until the next day. That was not the first time I stayed during the night, the people never die in the right day moment for legal doctors.
I got the first document after had changed my dresses and I faced that it was a young lady, too young. Twenty-five years old, brunette, pale skin. When I removed the white sheet, besides seeing her delicious and died nakedness, I easily found eight cut hurts on her body. One of these was under her left bosom, a bosom very big and young. On the police record, there was written they had discovered her in a blood lake with her crying boyfriend. There was also a knife near them. He had denied, denied, denied.
It was not his fault. And my neon light seemed to be annoyed for this, so it started to stagger more.
They were a perfect couple, they had loved each other since more than one years. It was not him the killer. He had just found her in that way. Who? Who was the murderer? He wanted to know this! My neon light was getting angry.
That case was very simple, I had already understood why she was died. What I could do was to add some important deatils, maybe something about drugs or alcool, sexual illness, rape hurts, fighting hurts, semen. A dead body can speak better than an alive mouth.
I saw her with my personal sadness about that stupid tragedy. It should not have happened. In front of her there was an entire life! She was young, too young! I had to work hard, I had to found the truth for helping the police. My neon light seemed not to be agreed with this.
I observed her hurts after wearing my plastic gloves, I got the scalpel e I started to figure out where I could begin my work. Why had she got all of this?
Then, suddenly, she opened her eyes. She spread them totally out. Light blue, deep, vitreous. She looked at me scared and angry at same time. I shivered, I froze. My neon light was literally getting crazy, in a while it would be blown up.
“It was him! I raped me… I reacted… he killed me to stop me… I need to go there… I need to meet him… can I?”, she spoke with a guttural and ghostly voice, trying to stop her lips going down. I was a salt sculpture, I didn’t reply.
She stood up, took my scalpel and left, naked how she was, while I couldn’t do anything. She opened the door and left. My neon light blew up with a big noise. I put my hands on my iron trolley to avoid falling. The other deceased started to groan.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento